Shipments & Returns
We require that all firearms must be shipped, prepaid, to our Miami Florida factory for repair. All firearms must be accompanied by a WORK ORDER. Before you ship, it is important to ensure that the firearm is unloaded, and the chamber is cleared. DO NOT EVER SHIP A LOADED GUN OR AMMUNITION. If for some reason you absolutely must ship ammunition, it is to be shipped separately and noted on your work order. Whenever possible, ship the firearm in it’s original box or an otherwise appropriate box. Always include an empty magazine with all pistols.
Taurus reserves the right to inspect, field strip and function test all firearms sent to Taurus upon arrival at our factory, or anytime thereafter. We will provide a repair estimate for repairs if the repair is not covered under the applicable Repair Policy.
FedEx GROUND PROHIBITS THE SHIPMENT OF HANDGUNS.
Your firearm will be completely inspected by your Service Department, and the problem(s) specified in your letter will be evaluated by our trained staff. If the work needed is not covered under the terms of any applicable Warranty or Repair Policy, you will be given an actual cost quote, not an estimate. All repair work must be authorized by you, and we will not perform any work without your approval.
To expedite service within the United States of America, please note the following suggestions when returning a firearm for repair, replacement or adjustment.
- You are permitted under Federal law to return your firearm to the manufacturer via common carriers. However, and local laws vary widely and may not permit such shipping. You must adhere to local law, and consult with local authorities to ensure the correct procedures for legally shipping or receiving a firearm. IMPORTANT NOTE: It may not be possible to directly return your firearm and/or magazines to you. We strongly suggest any firearm sent for repair be shipped through a Federally licensed dealer and that all local laws are adhered to.
- You must pay for shipping on firearms sent to us. WE WILL NOT ACCEPT COLLECT SHIPMENTS.
- Due to the wide variability of Federal, State and local laws, Taurus adheres to the following policy. In order to ensure full compliance with all applicable law, we will not, under any circumstance deviate from this policy. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause, but this policy is intended to help safeguard your property and rights.
- (a)Unless Taurus is aware an address is a location where firearms are prohibited, all repaired firearms will be sent to the address from which they were shipped. If the firearm cannot be shipped to that address, it will not be shipped until a designated FFL can receive it.
- (b) Replacement firearms will be sent to the FFL of the customer’s choice.
- Enclose a letter stating your name, address, and telephone number, as well as the serial number, caliber and barrel length of your firearm. You must also state the work required or trouble experienced. Be as specific as possible, and enclose copies of any other previous correspondence regarding the firearm. Do not simply state the firearm is defective or needs work. Other than warranty repair, all work will cost a minimum labor charge of $35.
- FIREARMS MUST BE SHIPPED UNLOADED. Double check your firearm’s chamber before shipping. If your firearm arrives loaded, we are required by law to notify Federal authorities of the receipt of a loaded firearm.
- DO NOT include custom grips, holsters, telescopic sights, or other accessories when sending a firearm to us. If replacement parts, or a replacement firearm is needed aftermarket parts may not be returned.
You may ship your UNLOADED Taurus handgun to:
ATTN: Repair Department
16175 NW 49 Avenue
Miami, FL 33014
If you are unsure of, or have questions about our shipping or return polices you may contact us, and we will happily answer any questions you might have.